WNJ is looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join our growing team based at our office in Preston’s docklands.
This is a full-time position in our cloud bookkeeping department. We’re after a skilled multi-tasker and team player who is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Confidentiality, excellent organisation skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good client relations and the ability to communicate clearly.
At WNJ we pride ourselves on the quality of our advice and on our proactive, personal approach.
The successful candidate will assist in processing and preparing clients’ financial records and VAT returns within cloud accounting software and Excel, and also train clients in cloud accounting software.
Benefits include 21 days annual holiday, increasing up to 27 days.
The role and responsibilities include:
• Posting of bank payments and receipts (manually and from bank feeds)
• Posting of purchase invoices and sales invoices
• Reconciliation of bank accounts
• Training clients on accounting software
• Preparation of Quarterly VAT returns and submissions
The successful candidate will liaise with partners and other staff members over information requests, such as producing relevant financial reports from the accounting software.
The role also includes reviewing clients’ work, such as bookkeeping entries and VAT returns and answering clients’ queries.
They will also be required to:
• Answer client bookkeeping and VAT queries
• Process CIS VAT reverse charge transactions
• Have knowledge of post-Brexit VAT regulations and to enter these transactions within the cloud accounting software
What we are looking for:
• At least four years+ experience
• Someone with excellent communication skills
• Good problem solving
• Good technical knowledge of VAT
• Someone who is able to work independently and be able to use their own initiative
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Proficiency in at least two accounts software packages such as Sage 50, Sage Business Cloud (Sage One), Xero, QuickBooks or FreeAgent
• Preferably, although not essential, have certifications for using the above software
They will also be expected to keep up to date with HMRC, VAT, and other relevant regulations as well as new releases within cloud software.
• It is expected that all WNJ employees will understand that our work is confidential and that personal details must not be divulged to members of the public. This obligation will continue indefinitely even after termination of employment.
• Please send your contact details and a full CV to Kim Bolton: KB@wnj.co.uk