WNJ has a vacancy for an experienced bookkeeper to join our growing team based at our offices in Preston’s docklands.
The post is a full-time position and the successful candidate will assist in processing and preparing clients’ financial records and VAT returns within cloud accounting software and Excel, and also train clients in cloud accounting software.
Confidentiality, excellent organisation skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good client relations and the ability to communicate clearly.
We’re ideally looking for someone who would like to maintain a role within our Cloud Bookkeeping Department, a skilled multi-tasker and team player who is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
The role and responsibilities include:
• Posting of bank and supplier payments (manually and from bank feeds)
• Posting of bank and customer receipts (manually and from bank feeds)
• Reconciliation of bank accounts
• Posting of purchase invoices to purchase and nominal ledger (manually and via other platforms such as Auto Entry and Hubdoc)
• Reconciliation of purchase ledger to supplier statements
• Training clients on accounting software
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and submissions
• Entering gross wages journals and reviewing financial reports such as trial balance, trade debtors and creditors at year end/period end before passing onto accounts staff
• Liaising with partners and other staff members with information requests such as producing relevant financial reports from the accounting software
• Processing of CIS VAT reverse charge transactions
• Investigating into VAT treatment of query transactions
The role also includes reviewing clients’ work, such as bookkeeping entries and VAT returns and answering clients’ queries.
The successful candidate will also assist junior members of the department with the use of accounting software where necessary and review their bookkeeping an VAT work.
What we are looking for:
• At least four years+ experience
• Someone with excellent communication skills
• Good problem solving
• Good technical knowledge of VAT
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Proficiency in accounts software including Sage 50, Sage Business Cloud (Sage One), Xero, QuickBooks and FreeAgent
• Preferably, although not essential, certifications for using the above software
• It is expected that all WNJ employees will understand that our work is confidential and that personal details must not be divulged to members of the public. This obligation will continue indefinitely even after termination of employment.
• Please send your contact details and a full CV to Christine Garner: