WNJ is looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join our growing team based at our offices in Preston’s docklands.
This is a full-time position in our cloud bookkeeping department. We’re after a skilled multi-tasker and team player who is reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Confidentiality, excellent organisation skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good client relations and the ability to communicate clearly.
At WNJ we pride ourselves on the quality of our advice and on our proactive, friendly and personal approach.
The successful candidate will assist in processing and preparing clients’ financial records and VAT returns within cloud accounting software and Excel.
The role will also include a small element of training clients on a one-to-one basis over the phone and at client’s premises within cloud accounting software they’re proficient in.
Benefits include 21 days annual holiday, increasing up to 27 days and free car parking.
The role and responsibilities include:
• Data entry of accounting information
• Reconciliation of key accounts (bank, debtors, creditors, VAT, PAYE)
• Investigation into discrepancies and finding solutions
• Preparation of Quarterly/Monthly VAT returns and submissions
• Meeting monthly VAT deadlines
• Reviewing VAT transactions for accuracy and completeness
• Keeping up to date with HMRC VAT and other relevant regulations along with new releases within cloud software
• Liaising with clients in a professional manner
The successful candidate will liaise with partners and other staff members over information requests, such as producing relevant financial reports from the accounting software.
The role also includes reviewing clients’ work, such as bookkeeping entries, VAT returns and answering clients’ queries.
What we are ideally looking for:
• At least five years+ experience
• Someone with excellent communication skills
• Good problem solving
• Good technical knowledge of VAT
• Someone who can ‘hit the ground running’, work independently and be able to use their own initiative
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Proficiency in at least two accounts software packages such as Sage 50, Sage Business Cloud (Sage One), Xero, QuickBooks or FreeAgent
• Knowledge of post-Brexit VAT regulations and experience of entering these transactions within the accounting software.
• Preferably, although not essential, have certifications for using the above software
Qualifications and requirements
• Level 4 AAT or qualified by experience (five-plus years)
• Have access to a vehicle for travelling to clients when required
It is expected that all WNJ employees will understand that our work is confidential and that personal details must not be divulged to members of the public. This obligation will continue indefinitely even after termination of employment.
• Please send your contact details and a full CV to Christine Garner: