WNJ has a vacancy for a finance and admin assistant to join our team based at our office in Preston’s docklands.
The successful candidate will assist our office manager in the control of finances and the administration of the organisation – enhancing its efficiency and effectiveness.
We’re ideally looking for someone with experience within an accounts office, finance department or accountancy practice. This is a full-time (37.5 hours) permanent position.
• Support the work of the office manager
• Set up accounts for new client and maintenance of existing client account records using IRIS software
• Produce Sales Ledger invoices
• Carry out the reconciliation of client receipts
• Produce and analyse weekly aged debtor reports
• Regularly and frequently review outstanding debts and credit control
• Use your experience and judgement in managing the effective collection of monies owed to the company to avoid bad debts with the ability to challenge in a non-confrontational way where necessary
• Produce client statements
• Undertake banking when necessary
• Draft Letters of Engagements for all new and existing clients
• Cover reception as required
• Work on ad hoc assignments when required
The role also involves assisting with the provision of an efficient and effective AML service, which includes:
• Assisting with the ‘on boarding of new clients
• Carrying out various customer due diligence checks
• Reviewing AML documents for existing clients
• Liaising with the partners of the firm regarding AML new client forms and ID documentation
• Being responsible for collecting and maintaining new and existing client , ensuring at all times the organisation complies fully with the stringent Anti Money Laundering regulations
What we are looking for:
• 5 GCEs at least to GCSE grade C or equivalent including Maths and English Language
Essential Skills or Knowledge:
• Must be able to utilise both oral and written communication to a high standard
• Must have the ability to formulate and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally
• Must have excellent attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills
• A good working knowledge of MS Excel and Word
• Be able to manage own workload and show initiative
• Flexible in approach to work
It is expected that all WNJ employees will understand that our work is confidential and that personal details must not be divulged to members of the public. This obligation will continue indefinitely even after termination of employment.
Please send your contact details and a full CV to Christine Garner: